2013. november 30., szombat

San Telmo




















San Telmo - where I rent my apartement -  is the oldest neighbourhood in Buenos Aires - the very first colony was settled here. Old casas are still standing, time looks being stopped. The district is lucky: untill now, real estate developers keept them theirselves away from the area, however, it is getting more and more popular.
This barrio is most known about its market fair, as well as the place where from tango origines. (La Boca and either Montevideo would disagree.) La Defensa street gives place for the Sunday art market - artists and craftmen sell their products all along the street. Here I met Telma, who also sale her fine, hand made cotton items on ETSY. I had ordered a tunic from her and she remembered me, since I was her only customer from Hungary! You can see her smiling in one of the posted pictures here!
Also many upcoming designer's shops, cafés, tango hostels, bars can be found here in the colonial streets.

2 megjegyzés:

  1. Beautiful pictures GeeGee! You have an eye for the unique beauty of old things. How nice that you meet Telma, the things she sell look marvellous.

    VálaszTörlés
  2. These pictures are beautiful, I agree with Sabine. I love this type of beauty, rustic and historic. Those are some great looking black pants and the fiber artist looks so friendly.

    blue hue wonderland

    VálaszTörlés